Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

My Lumia 950 Dual Sim Went Into a Continual Reboot Mode and Now Will Not Turn on

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
EmmaWLove
  • #21
sad wait long
"android rom"
sev7en
  • #22
Good morning,
same issue... unable to unlock the bootloader.

I am with Windows 10 Professional and my device is:
General info RM-1116 059X505 with Lumia BL Spec B
I can also add:

  • #23
WP2.7 (released on January 2019) should fix some 950 unlock issues. Anyone knows if it's possible to gain root access without erasing the phone? I understand in order to gain root access you need to unlock the bootloader which in turns reset the phone.
  • #24
Hello,

in fact WP 2.7 works with my Lumia 950. The reason for the whole thing is that I want to access my WhatsApp database to transfer it to an Android device.
I see the folders (described by -> winwazzapmigrator -> FAQ: windows-how-extract-messagesdb), but then I do not have the access rights.
Two questions:

1) How can I get the access rights?
2) In fact, I was able to do a backup all the partitions of the device as outlined in the post. Now I have an image file. Maybe it is easier to extract the database from the imgae file. Does anybody know how to do this (e.g. can I open the image file with a file browser? Does it work on a normal windows machine or do I need an SDK?).

thanks for any help

  • #25
Hi,

i tried today to unlock my Lumia 950 with WP Internals 2.8. I am stuck now at Scanning for flashing-profile.
Could not fully unlock, and i could not restore bootloader.

When i restart my phone only a red screen appear. I could not set it up to boot in normal mode.

Is there any way to repair and don't delete all data?

regards
Christian

Edit: after try with 2.7 i could relock bootloader again and phone started. Yeah, my fault to didn't make backup of important images before xD. But i had luck :)

Last edited:
  • #26
Bad GPT

I have tried to unlock my Lumia 950 Dual sim mobile using WPinternals. But, Finally It got some error with partition like "Bad GPT". But I have used windows recovery tool, now lumia 950 is working fine. But, I need to unlock bootloader, How to resolve this error. Someone please help me to unlock bootloader. Thank you.

  • #27
any one see on youtube? boot normal windows 10 from pc on lumia. woow
  • #28
...hope that we will be able to see Android for this device very soon.:good:

I just wonder if Microsoft would not finally be fair enough to release Android on their most recently sold Lumias.
Finally that would have been a great move to restore confidence.
I can understand that they don't want to support Windows Phone any more, but giving their devices another life with Android would have been fair play and a good action to improve sustainability.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------


Note: By unlocking the bootloader the Windows Hello program (IRIS Scanner) won't be working anymore

Hmm... has it ever worked?

  • #29
Whatsapp migration
Hello,

in fact WP 2.7 works with my Lumia 950. The reason for the whole thing is that I want to access my WhatsApp database to transfer it to an Android device.
I see the folders (described by -> winwazzapmigrator -> FAQ: windows-how-extract-messagesdb), but then I do not have the access rights.
Two questions:

1) How can I get the access rights?
2) In fact, I was able to do a backup all the partitions of the device as outlined in the post. Now I have an image file. Maybe it is easier to extract the database from the imgae file. Does anybody know how to do this (e.g. can I open the image file with a file browser? Does it work on a normal windows machine or do I need an SDK?).

thanks for any help


Hi,
Did you manage to sort this? I have the same challenge to sort now before Whatsapp support ends at the end of the month.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
  • #30
unlock bootloader not working (Custom flash failed)

I cant unlock bootloader, got the message "Custom flash failed". Then i cant switch to normal mode. So i must recovery full my phone. My Phone: 950XL Dual black, Productcode: 059X400 Please help.

jonshipman
  • #31
I cant unlock bootloader, got the message "Custom flash failed". Then i cant switch to normal mode. So i must recovery full my phone. My Phone: 950XL Dual black, Productcode: 059X400 Please help.

Been a couple months, but if you're still looking:
https://www.lumiafirmware.com/model/RM-1116/hwid/059X400

Use the above link to download your EDE and FFU for your HWID. WPInternals and the WDRT both fail to retrieve the files for me.

  • #32
Use the above link to download your EDE and FFU for your HWID. WPInternals and the WDRT both fail to retrieve the files for me.

Nothing works. Now its stucks in Booting phone.... squiggle symbol

Tried back zo normal mode... and again failed to switch to normal mode.....

fil3s
  • #33
Hi. I'm having huge problems unlocking bootloader on my 950 . I tried wpi 2.7 same error ; scans for flashing profile, fails to find flashing profile, custom flash failed.

I've tried every version of wpi but cannot for life of me unlock my rm1104.

Any help is appreciated.

AndrewH1993
  • #35
Recovered my old XDA account, and I wanted to let you guys know that this guy was able to achieve a Android Port over to Lumia 950 XL on Twitter:
He also addressed everyone on Twitter that this was not a April Fools Joke..... But yet didn't explain the process on how to install it. I've tried Windows Phone Internals or through the Windows Device Recovery Tool in Command Prompt. Beats me how he did it.
  • #36
@AndrewH1993 :
Let's see how good it works and how far Gustave will go with bringing a more or less fully working Android 12 for the device. I'm still not sure if this a serious long-lasting attempt. I would be happy if it really was...
Toothless
  • #37
What are the difference between "backup" and "dump" in Windows Phone Internals?

Similar threads

nashaulty1996.blogspot.com

Source: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/eol-guide-tool-unlocking-lumia-950-xl-bootloader.3759834/page-2

Post a Comment for "My Lumia 950 Dual Sim Went Into a Continual Reboot Mode and Now Will Not Turn on"